To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our customers' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

Please Note - Questions pertaining to online bill pay begin at no.7 through the end of the FAQ'.

How could I have used this much water?

You may not have - the numbers on your meter may have been transposed or hard to read. You could possibly have a leaky toilet or faucet that's difficult to detect. Just call the office and we'll work with you to solve the problem.

What happens if the bill isn’t paid and who is ultimately responsible for the bills?

The following is according to RWD 3 Rogers County By-Laws:


 SECTION 4:  Benefit units shall follow the title of the land unless the owner of the land designates otherwise.  Owners may transfer benefit units from one tract of land to another tract owned by them within the District, subject, however, to the approval of the Board.  No transfer in ownership of benefit units shall be permitted without the approval of the Board.  No transfer will be approved unless all charges against the benefit unit are paid.  All transfers when approved shall be recorded in the books of the District.       

            SECTION 6:  Failure to pay the minimum monthly meter charge, or failure to pay for water used through a meter shall constitute a forfeiture of the benefit unit on behalf of which such failure occurs:  Provided, that such benefit unit shall be reinstated if within three (3) months after such failure all back charges are paid in full, plus 10% interest and reasonable labor charges necessary to effect such reconnections.  Provided, further, that the Board may permit such  reinstatement within six (6) months after such failure upon payment of all back charges, plus 10% interest, and reasonable labor charges necessary to effect such reconnection:  Provided, further, that if the defaulting water subscriber is a tenant, the time set out above shall not commence to run until the Secretary of the District has mailed or caused to be mailed, by registered or certified mail notice of such default of the tenant to the landowner at his last known address as shown on the books of the District.


What is the best way for home owners to handle the water bill on a rental/lease home?

The safest way for the landowner is to pay the water bill themselves and charge the renter/leaser for it with the rental payment.

The landowner is able to make sure it is paid and be able to monitor leaks, etc.

What do I do if I am experiencing low pressure?

Check your meter and the surrounding area for possible leaks. Next, call our office and report low pressure for your area.

Why is my water discolored?

A repair could have been completed recently allowing air to enter the line, causing the milky look.

What chemicals does our utility district add to the water?

Only chemicals that are approved by the National Safety Foundation for treatment of drinking water.

My water tastes, looks, and smells funny. Is it safe to drink?

All public water systems are required to maintain a minimum chlorine level of 0.2 mg/L (tested at the end of each line) by state law. Systems that use chloramine as a disinfectant must maintain a level of 0.5 mg/L by state law. Our disinfectant levels are tested daily to ensure safety.

Why does debris come out of the faucet when running hot water?

Most likely your water heater needs to be flushed. CAUTION: Most manufacturers recommend hiring a professional to flush your water heater. If you plan on doing this yourself, read the owner's manual to keep from being hurt and or damaging the water heater.

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

Are credit cards accepted for payment?

Yes, credit cards are accepted as payment. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.  Debit cards are considered and treated just like a 'credit card'.  Simply choose this payment method when paying your bill online. 

Is my Debit card considered a check or credit card?

Your debit card is considered a credit card and it is treated as such.

Are checks accepted for payment?

Yes, checks are accepted as payment.

If I have more than one account, can I pay for them all in one payment?

YES!  When you access your online payment profile you will see all of your accounts and amounts due on each one.  You may then enter whatever amount you want to pay on each account and make one payment.

What is Auto Pay?

There are now 2 ways to set up Auto Pay.

  1. You may set it up yourself when you log into your account.  It now has the option to set up a recurring payment for the amount due each     
  2. To enroll in Auto Pay through us, you must first fill out the "Enrollment Form".  (Filling out the Enrollment Form for Auto Pay is separate from Registering your account).  It is deducted from your checking or savings account only and is withdrawn on the 10th of every month.

Does Auto Pay cost anything?

NO!!  Both methods are totally FREE!!

What is the Online Bill Payment Service?

Our Online Bill Payment Service allows you the convenience of paying your utility bill online, by credit card, debit card or electronic check, without the hassle of envelopes, checks, and stamps. All payments are secure and encrypted for your protection. 

Is online bill payment free?

YES!  ALL online services are FREE!!!      

Is the Online Bill Payment & Auto Pay Service secure?

Yes.  There are several methods used to ensure that your account information is secure:

  • Sign-in ID and Password:
  • Your username and password are unique identifiers that only you know. As long as your username and password isn’t shared with anyone, no one can sign in as you.
  • SSL: We use SSL (secure sockets layer), which ensures that your connection and information are secure from outside inspection.
  • Encryption: We use 40-bit or 128-bit encryption (whichever your browser supports) to make your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet.

How do I update my email address or other personal information?

You can go to your payment profile and change whatever you need to change or you may contact the office.

What should I do if my meter has been disconnected?

Please contact a customer service representative. Our contact information can be found on the Contact Us page.

How can I get my meter unlocked if it is after office hours?

No meters are unlocked after 3:30 p.m.  If it is after hours, you must call the office as early as possible the next business day and pay the bill in full, including all fees and penalties.  You will then be put on the list to be unlocked in the order your call was received.

Whom do I contact if I have questions about my Online Bill Payment or Auto Pay?

Please contact a customer service representative. Our contact information can be found on the Contact Us page. 

When are my payments due and when are they late?

Bills are due the 1st of the month and late after the 10th.  Anything that is not RECEIVED IN THE OFFICE by the 10th of the month will be late and be assessed a 10% late fee.

Do I still have to read my own meter?

No, we have the entire district on auto read meters now.

How do I read my meter?

Read the black numbers on the white background, reading from left to right.  Do NOT include the last numbers, which are the white numbers on black background.  There are detailed instructions, including pictures and diagrams, if you click on the "How to Read Your Meter" link.

If I owe more than 1 month can I add them and pay it all together?


What do I need to buy a new Benefit Certificate, (the right to water service)?

You need to have a legal description of your property so we can determine if water is available.  You need a copy of your deed, possibly a perk test and will need to fill out the proper paperwork.  The base price of the new Benefit Certificate is $2,000.00.  If you require a road bore and it exceeds $1,500.00 you will be billed for the balance.  Please allow 3 to 5 weeks for installation.

What happens if I don’t use any water and I don’t want to pay any more bills?

All benefits in the District are due the minimum payment of $18.50 every month.  After 6 months of non payment your meter will be forfeited and ownership will revert back to the District.  If a meter has been forteited a new meter must be purchased at the current price.